Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Brisbane City and Moreton Bay Council Areas.
Issued at 5:53 pm Friday, 6 March 2020.
The Bureau of Meteorology warns that, at 5:50 pm, severe thunderstorms were detected on the weather radar near Everton Hills. These thunderstorms are moving towards the east.
They are forecast to affect Redcliffe, Kallangur and Narangba by 6:20 pm and Mud Island, Scarborough and Deception Bay waters by 6:50 pm.
Heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding is likely.
53mm in 30 minutes has been recorded at Everton Hills
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.