Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in Western and parts of Upper Derwent Valley, South East, North West Coast and Central Plateau Forecast Districts.
Issued at 12:50 pm Monday, 30 December 2019.
Scattered, gusty thunderstorms cross parts of Tasmania as a cold front approaches the west.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Smithton, Strahan, Queenstown, Geeveston, Dover and Huonville.
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132500.