Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in Midlands and parts of East Coast and Central Plateau Forecast Districts.
Issued at 10:09 am Thursday, 16 January 2020.
HEAVY RAIN THAT MAY LEAD TO FLASH FLOODING IS POSSIBLE IN THUNDERSTORMS THIS MORNING.
Weather Situation:Isolated, slow moving thunderstorms are developing across eastern Tasmania ahead of a cold front.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Oatlands and Orford.
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
* Avoid driving, walking or riding through flood waters.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132500.