Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in King Island, Furneaux Islands and parts of North East Forecast Districts.
Issued at 12:12 pm Saturday, 4 April 2020.
DAMAGING WINDS THROUGH BASS STRAIT AND THE NORTH EAST COAST SUNDAY MORNING.
A cold front moves through Bass Strait during Sunday morning, with an associated low pressure system moving near the north coast.
DAMAGING WEST TO NORTHWESTERLY WINDS, averaging 65 to 75 km/h with peak gusts near 110 km/h are likely about King Island in the early morning, then about the north east coast and Furneaux Islands later in the morning.
Winds are expected to ease and shift west to southwesterly during the morning and early afternoon, as the frontal system passes to the east of Flinders Island.
Locations which may be affected include Currie, Whitemark and Bridport.
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
* Supervise children closely.
* Check that family and neighbours are aware of warnings.
* Manage pets and livestock.
* Secure outdoor items including furniture and play equipment.
* Be prepared in case of power outages and report any outages to TasNetworks on 132 004.
* Beware of damaged trees and power lines and take care when driving.
* Listen to the ABC radio or check www.ses.tas.gov.au for further advice.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132500.