Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in King Island Forecast District.
Issued at 9:53 am Saturday, 11 April 2020.
VERY STRONG SOUTHWESTERLY WINDS OVER KING ISLAND TODAY
Weather Situation: A very strong southwesterly stream develops over King Island this morning as a front crosses and a low pressure centre passes to the south of Tasmania.
DAMAGING SOUTHWESTERLY WINDS, averaging 60 to 70 km/h with peak gusts of around 110 km/h, are expected across King Island during Saturday.
The damaging winds are expected to ease by 3PM.
Locations which may be affected include Currie.
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
* Supervise children closely.
* Check that family and neighbours are aware of warnings.
* Manage pets and livestock.
* Secure outdoor items including furniture and play equipment.
* Be prepared in case of power outages and report any outages to TasNetworks on 132 004.
* Beware of damaged trees and power lines and take care when driving.
* Listen to the ABC radio or check www.ses.tas.gov.au for further advice.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132500.