Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in South East and parts of Western and Upper Derwent Valley Forecast Districts.
Issued at 10:06 am Sunday, 26 April 2020.
DAMAGING WESTERLY WINDS ACROSS SOUTHERN TASMANIA EARLY MONDAY MORNING
A strong westerly airstream flows across Tasmania early Monday morning as a trough of low pressure passes to the south.
DAMAGING WINDS, averaging 60 to 70 km/h with peak gusts around 100 km/h are possible across southern parts of Tasmania very early Monday morning. The strongest gusts are more likely about elevated areas.
Winds are expected to ease by around 8 am Monday morning
Locations which may be affected include Hobart, Geeveston, Dover and Huonville.
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
* Supervise children closely.
* Check that family and neighbours are aware of warnings.
* Manage pets and livestock.
* Secure outdoor items including furniture and play equipment.
* Be prepared in case of power outages and report any outages to TasNetworks on 132 004.
* Beware of damaged trees and power lines and take care when driving.
* Listen to the ABC radio or check www.ses.tas.gov.au for further advice.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132500.