Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Furneaux Islands, North East and East Coast Forecast Districts.
Issued at 12:00 pm Tuesday, 23 June 2020.
Weather Situation: A low pressure system to the east of Tasmania will move towards Flinders Island later today and produce strong and gusty southeasterly winds across northeast Tasmania.
DAMAGING SOUTHEASTERLY WINDS, averaging 50 to 60 km/h with peak gusts around 80 to 90 km/h are possible Tuesday afternoon and early evening about the upper East Coast and North East forecast districts.
Winds are expected to ease later this evening.
Locations which may be affected include St Helens, Bicheno and Scamander.
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
* Supervise children closely.
* Check that family and neighbours are aware of warnings.
* Manage pets and livestock.
* Secure outdoor items including furniture and play equipment.
* Be prepared in case of power outages and report any outages to TasNetworks on 132 004.
* Beware of damaged trees and power lines and take care when driving.
* Listen to the ABC radio or check www.ses.tas.gov.au for further advice.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132500.