Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in East Coast and parts of Furneaux Islands, South East and North East Forecast Districts.
Issued at 10:53 am Wednesday, 1 April 2020.
HEAVY RAIN ACROSS EASTERN TASMANIA DURING THURSDAY
Weather Situation: A low pressure centre and trough moves close to eastern Tasmania during Thursday afternoon and evening, directing a humid north to northeasterly airstream across Tasmania as it approaches.
HEAVY RAINFALL which may lead to FLASH FLOODING may develop about the east coast of Tasmania during Thursday morning. During the day, 30 to 50 mm is expected along the east coast and adjacent highlands, with in excess of 80 mm possible at isolated locations.
Heavy rain is expected to ease during Thursday evening.
Locations which may be affected include St Helens, Swansea, Bicheno, Orford, Fingal and Scamander.
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
* Supervise children closely.
* Check that family and neighbours are aware of warnings.
* Manage pets and livestock.
* Clear drains and gutters on premises prior to severe weather arriving.
* Do not walk, ride or drive through flood waters.
* Be prepared in case of power outages and report any outages to TasNetworks on 132 004.
* Listen to the ABC radio or check www.ses.tas.gov.au for further advice.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132500.