Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in Central, East Gippsland, North Central and parts of Mallee, South West, Northern Country, North East, West and South Gippsland and Wimmera Forecast Districts.
Issued at 5:46 pm Monday, 30 December 2019.
FIRE INITIATED THUNDERSTORMS OVER EASTERN VICTORIA DRIVING ERRATIC GUSTY CONDITIONS
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging, locally destructive winds in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Corryong, Dargo, Bairnsdale, Orbost, Buchan, Mallacoota and Bonang.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Bendigo, Seymour, Maryborough, Ballarat, Geelong, Melbourne, Bacchus Marsh, Morwell, Traralgon and Moe.
- Melbourne Airport 91km/h at 01:05PM
- St Kilda 93km/h at 04:10pm
- Kilmore Gap 93km/h at 04:24pm
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
* Check that loose items such as outdoor settings, umbrellas and trampolines are safely secured and move vehicles under cover or away from trees.
* Stay indoors and away from windows.
* If outdoors, move to a safe place indoors. Stay away from trees, drains, gutters, creeks and waterways.
* If driving conditions are dangerous, safely pull over away from trees, drains, low-lying areas and floodwater. Avoid travel if possible.
* Stay safe by avoiding dangerous hazards, such as floodwater, mud, debris, damaged roads and fallen trees.
* Stay away from fallen powerlines always assume they are live.
* Stay informed monitor weather warnings, forecasts and river levels at the Bureau of Meteorology website, and warnings through VicEmergency.