Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of North Interior and South Interior districts.
Issued at 3:17 pm Friday, 12 January 2018.
A 3:00pm satellite imagery showed extensive thunderstorm activity through the warning area. Some of these thunderstorms may be severe.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds and heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Giles and Kiwirrkurra.
Storms could cause DAMAGE TO HOMES AND PROPERTY.
The overall weather pattern is not unusual for this time of year but severe weather may occur in some parts of the warning area.
The Department of Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* If outside find safe shelter away from trees, power lines, storm water drains and streams.
* Close your curtains and blinds, and stay inside away from windows.
* Unplug electrical appliances and do not use land line telephones if there is lightning.
* If there is flooding, create your own sandbags by using pillow cases filled with sand and place them around doorways to protect your home.
* If boating, swimming or surfing leave the water.
* Do not drive into water of unknown depth and current.
* Slow down and turn your headlights on.
* Be alert and watch for hazards on the road such as fallen power lines and loose debris.
* If it is raining heavily and you cannot see, pull over and park with your hazard lights on until the rain clears.