Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Upper Western Forecast District.
Issued at 10:36 pm Wednesday, 27 October 2021.
A line of severe thunderstorms coming from the west is capable of producing damaging wind gusts.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Tibooburra, White Cliffs and Milparinka.
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure or put away loose items around your house, yard and balcony.
* Keep at least 8 metres away from fallen power lines or objects that may be energised, such as fences.
* Report fallen power lines to either Ausgrid (131 388), Endeavour Energy (131 003), Essential Energy (132 080) or Evoenergy (131 093) as shown on your power bill.
* Trees that have been damaged by fire are likely to be more unstable and more likely to fall.
* Unplug computers and appliances.
* Avoid using the phone during the storm.
* Stay indoors away from windows, and keep children and pets indoors as well.
* Stay vigilant and monitor conditions. Note that the landscape may have changed following bushfires.
* For emergency help in floods and storms, ring the SES (NSW and ACT) on 132 500.