Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in Lower Western, Upper Western and parts of Northern Rivers, Mid North Coast, Central West Slopes and Plains, Riverina and Northern Tablelands Forecast Districts.
Issued at 5:36 pm Thursday, 28 October 2021.
Severe thunderstorms continues across the western NSW border areas and over the coastal areas near and north of Coffs Harbour.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds over the next several hours in the Lower Western, Upper Western and parts of the Central West Slopes and Plains and Riverina districts. Locations which may be affected include Tibooburra, Cobar, Broken Hill and Wentworth.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds and large hailstones over the next several hours in parts of the Northern Rivers, Mid North Coast and Northern Tablelands districts. Locations which may be affected include Lismore, Grafton, Coffs Harbour and Dorrigo.
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure or put away loose items around your house, yard and balcony.
* Keep at least 8 metres away from fallen power lines or objects that may be energised, such as fences.
* Report fallen power lines to either Ausgrid (131 388), Endeavour Energy (131 003), Essential Energy (132 080) or Evoenergy (131 093) as shown on your power bill.
* Trees that have been damaged by fire are likely to be more unstable and more likely to fall.
* Unplug computers and appliances.
* Avoid using the phone during the storm.
* Stay indoors away from windows, and keep children and pets indoors as well.
* Stay vigilant and monitor conditions. Note that the landscape may have changed following bushfires.
* For emergency help in floods and storms, ring the SES (NSW and ACT) on 132 500.