Source: Bureau of Meteorology
Vigorous easterly winds locally about Cabramurra.
DAMAGING WINDS, averaging 60 to 70 km/h with peak gusts in excess of 90 km/h are likely for Cabramurra and nearby location.
Winds are expected to ease later this morning.
Severe Weather events are forecast to affect Cabramurra and Selwyn.
A wind gust of 93km/h was recorded at Cabramurra at 09:06h.
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
* Move vehicles under cover or away from trees.
* Secure or put away loose items around your house, yard and balcony.
* Keep at least 8 metres away from fallen power lines or objects that may be energised, such as fences.
* Trees that have been damaged by fire are likely to be more unstable and more likely to fall.
* Report fallen power lines to either Ausgrid (131 388), Endeavour Energy (131 003), Essential Energy (132 080) or Evoenergy (131 093) as shown on your power bill.
* Stay vigilant and monitor conditions. Note that the landscape may have changed following bushfires.
* For emergency help in floods and storms, ring your local SES Unit on 132 500.