Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Simpson and Lasseter districts.
Issued at 12:41 pm Wednesday, 6 October 2021.
FAST MOVING THUNDERSTORMS DEVELOPING OVER CENTRAL AUSTRALIA
Weather Situation: Fast moving thunderstorms are developing over the eastern Lasseter and western Simpson Districts.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Yulara, Kulgera, Hermannsburg, Curtin Springs, Finke and Watarrka.
The Northern Territory Emergency Service advises that people should:
* secure loose outside objects
* ensure pets and animals are safe
* avoid remaining in the open when storms threaten
* pull over if it is raining heavily and you cannot see, park with your hazard lights on until the rain clears
* avoid driving into water of unknown depth and current
* for emergency help in floods, storms and cyclones, contact the NTES on 132 500. For more safety tips visit www.securent.nt.gov.au