Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Simpson and Tanami districts.
Issued at 2:33 pm Sunday, 10 October 2021.
FAST MOVING THUNDERSTORMS OVER SOUTHERN TANAMI AND NORTHERN SIMPSON DISTRICTS
Weather Situation: An active trough is causing vigorous thunderstorms across the south.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds and small hail in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Yuendumu, Ti Tree, The Granites, Willowra and south west Tanami District near WA border.
The Northern Territory Emergency Service advises that people should:
* secure loose outside objects
* ensure pets and animals are safe
* avoid remaining in the open when storms threaten
* pull over if it is raining heavily and you cannot see, park with your hazard lights on until the rain clears
* avoid driving into water of unknown depth and current
* for emergency help in floods, storms and cyclones, contact the NTES on 132 500. For more safety tips visit www.securent.nt.gov.au