Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in Tanami and parts of Gregory, Barkly, Simpson and Lasseter districts.
Issued at 5:54 pm Sunday, 24 October 2021.
GUSTY THUNDERSTORMS OVER THE CENTRAL DISTRICTS
Thunderstorms have developed near a trough across central Districts.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds in the warning area over the next several hours.
Locations which may be affected include Lajamanu, Yuendumu, Rabbit Flat, Barrow Creek, Papunya and Barkly District west of Tennant Creek.
The Northern Territory Emergency Service advises that people should:
* secure loose outside objects
* ensure pets and animals are safe
* avoid remaining in the open when storms threaten
* pull over if it is raining heavily and you cannot see, park with your hazard lights on until the rain clears
* avoid driving into water of unknown depth and current
* for emergency help in floods, storms and cyclones, contact the NTES on 132 500. For more safety tips visit www.securent.nt.gov.au