Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Gregory, Barkly, Simpson and Tanami districts.
Issued at 8:32 pm Saturday, 30 October 2021.
DAMAGING WINDS WITH VIGOROUS THUNDERSTORMS ACROSS CENTRAL NT
Weather Situation: Thunderstorms have developed south of a trough extending across central NT and are moving quickly towards the east.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Lajamanu, Ali Curung, Barrow Creek, Ti Tree, Barkly District west of Tennant Creek and Gregory District west of Daguragu.
The Northern Territory Emergency Service advises that people should:
* secure loose outside objects
* ensure pets and animals are safe
* avoid remaining in the open when storms threaten
* pull over if it is raining heavily and you cannot see, park with your hazard lights on until the rain clears
* avoid driving into water of unknown depth and current
* for emergency help in floods, storms and cyclones, contact the NTES on 132 500. For more safety tips visit www.securent.nt.gov.au