Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of North Tropical Coast and Tablelands Forecast District.
Issued at 3:08 pm Sunday, 17 October 2021.
Severe thunderstorm detected south of Silkwood.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Innisfail, Tully, Atherton, Millaa Millaa and Babinda.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.