Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of North West Forecast District.
Issued at 10:33 pm Monday, 18 October 2021.
A cluster of severe storms has developed over the North West District.
Weather Situation: Unstable conditions together with drier air in the lower levels will provide an environment supporting some isolated severe thunderstorms over the North West District for the next few hours.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Mount Isa, Camooweal, Cloncurry, Julia Creek, Mckinlay and Barkly.
New May Downs recorded a 51KT wind gust at 22:02 AEST.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.