Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Northern Goldfields and Upper Flinders, Central Highlands and Coalfields, Central West and Capricornia Forecast Districts.
Issued at 8:58 pm Friday, 22 October 2021.
Severe thunderstorms are persisting over the Central inland areas of the state.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Pentland, Dysart, Torrens Creek, Natal Downs, Elgin Downs and Aberfoyle.
Severe thunderstorms are no longer occurring in the Wide Bay and Burnett district and the warning for this district is CANCELLED.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.