Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Central Highlands and Coalfields Forecast District.
Issued at 6:06 pm Monday, 25 October 2021.
Storms generally easing across Queensland but damaging winds remain possible for the next 1-2 hours.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Rolleston, Springsure, Woorabinda, Bogantungan, Mantuan Downs, Alpha and Carnarvon National Park.
Severe thunderstorms are no longer occurring in the Central West and Maranoa and Warrego districts and the warning for these districts is CANCELLED.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.