Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Channel Country Forecast District.
Issued at 10:32 pm Wednesday, 27 October 2021.
Severe Thunderstorms entering southwest Queensland
Weather Situation: Severe thunderstorms are developing along a trough and are moving eastwards from South Australia into southwestern Queensland
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds in the warning area over the next several hours.
Locations which may be affected include Bulloo Downs, Nappa Merrie, Orientos and Ballera.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.