Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of North West, Central West, Channel Country, Wide Bay and Burnett, Darling Downs and Granite Belt and Southeast Coast Forecast Districts.
Issued at 9:27 pm Thursday, 28 October 2021.
Heavy storms are now occurring around Winton.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Winton, Evesham Station, Crows Nest, Brighton Downs and Esk.
Thornton (S of Mulgowie) has recorded 52mm in 30 minutes to 8:24pm.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500