Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Wide Bay and Burnett Forecast District.
Issued at 12:21 pm Wednesday, 5 May 2021.
The threat of supercells and bow echoes becoming confined to coastal and island communities.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds, large hailstones and large accumulations of small hail in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Bundaberg, Hervey Bay, Fraser Island and Hervey Bay waters.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.