Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of North West, Central West and Channel Country Forecast Districts.
Issued at 4:10 pm Monday, 11 October 2021.
Severe thunderstorms likely south of The Monument near Warenda.
Weather Situation: A surface trough across western Queensland is continuing to interact with an amplifying upper level trough over the Northern Territory.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds and large hailstones in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Windorah, Boulia, Dajarra, Urandangi, Stonehenge and Duchess.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.