Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of North West, Central West and Channel Country Forecast Districts.
Issued at 7:32 pm Monday, 11 October 2021.
Supercell detected east of Mt Isa.
Weather Situation: A surface trough across western Queensland is continuing to interact with a highly amplified upper level trough that is slowly moving into southwestern Queensland.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds over the next several hours in parts of the Central West and Channel Country districts. Locations which may be affected include Stonehenge, Evesham Station and Jundah.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds and large hailstones over the next several hours in parts of the North West district. Locations which may be affected include Cloncurry.
Severe thunderstorms are no longer occurring in the Northern Goldfields and Upper Flinders district and the warning for this district is CANCELLED.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.