Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Wide Bay and Burnett, Darling Downs and Granite Belt and Southeast Coast Forecast Districts.
Issued at 1:09 am Thursday, 14 October 2021.
Severe thunderstorms have been detected in the Darling Downs and Granite Belt.
Weather Situation: An upper trough crossing southern Queensland will cause a surface trough over the Darling Downs to deepen tonight.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds, large hailstones and heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding in the warning area over the next several hours.
Locations which may be affected include Warwick, Toowoomba, Dalby, Stanthorpe, Gatton and Laidley.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.