Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Wide Bay and Burnett Forecast District.
Issued at 6:41 pm Thursday, 14 October 2021.
SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS CONTINUE OVER SOUTHEAST QUEENSLAND
Weather Situation: An active trough extends north into southeast Queensland from a cold front along the east coast. The trough will combine with a strong winds associated with an upper trough leading to the development of severe thunderstorms this afternoon and evening.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce giant hailstones, damaging winds and heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Gympie, Gayndah, Childers, Biggenden, Gin Gin and Tiaro.
Severe thunderstorms are no longer occurring in the Southeast Coast district and the warning for this district is CANCELLED.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.