Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in Wide Bay and Burnett, Southeast Coast and parts of Capricornia and Darling Downs and Granite Belt Forecast Districts.
Issued at 6:17 am Friday, 15 October 2021.
Severe thunderstorms likely across the southeast with heavy rainfall added to the warning.
Weather Situation: A trough is moving across southeast QLD and is triggering thunderstorms ahead of the system as it tracks further east.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds, large hailstones and heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Warwick, Gold Coast, Toowoomba, Brisbane, Dalby, Maroochydore, Gympie, Stanthorpe, Kingaroy, Caboolture and Ipswich.
Benobble (near Mount Tamborine) recorded 50mm in 30 minutes to 6:05am.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.