Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in Wide Bay and Burnett, Southeast Coast and parts of Capricornia and Darling Downs and Granite Belt Forecast Districts.
Issued at 7:24 am Friday, 15 October 2021.
The threat of severe thunderstorms to continue over the southeast.
Weather situation: A pre-frontal trough and associated dryline will continue to shift eastward over southeast Queensland. It is forecast to move off the far southern coast around midday.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds, large hailstones and heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Gold Coast, Brisbane, Maroochydore, Gympie, Ipswich, Kingaroy, Coolangatta, Caboolture, Cleveland, Gatton and Jimboomba.
Benobble (near Mount Tamborine) recorded 50mm in 30 minutes to 6:05am.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.