Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Capricornia and Wide Bay and Burnett Forecast Districts.
Issued at 1:00 pm Friday, 15 October 2021.
The threat of severe thunderstorms extending from Rockhampton to Hervey Bay.
Weather situation: A pre-frontal trough and associated dryline is forecast to anchor itself across areas over and to the north of the Wide Bay and Burnett district during the afternoon period.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds, large hailstones and heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Bundaberg, Gladstone, Rockhampton, Yeppoon, Calliope and Mount Morgan.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.