Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Central Coast and Whitsundays, Central Highlands and Coalfields and Capricornia Forecast Districts.
Issued at 5:32 am Monday, 18 October 2021.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding, damaging winds and large hailstones in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Rockhampton, Yeppoon, Marlborough, St Lawrence and Byfield.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.