Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Capricornia, Wide Bay and Burnett and Darling Downs and Granite Belt Forecast Districts.
Issued at 9:04 am Monday, 18 October 2021.
SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS ARE DEVELOPING OVER SOUTHEAST QUEENSLAND
Weather Situation: A warm and humid airmass residing over southeastern districts together with strong winds aloft associated with an upper trough are generating severe thunderstorms this morning and into this afternoon.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging, locally destructive winds, large, possibly giant hailstones and heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Inglewood, Pittsworth, Calliope, Miriam Vale, Seventeen Seventy and Tara.
Golf Ball size hail reported at Mt Larcom this morning.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.