Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in Wide Bay and Burnett and parts of Capricornia, Darling Downs and Granite Belt and Southeast Coast Forecast Districts.
Issued at 11:14 am Monday, 18 October 2021.
SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS ARE DEVELOPING OVER SOUTHEAST QUEENSLAND
Weather Situation: A warm and humid airmass residing over southeastern districts together with strong winds aloft associated with an upper trough are generating severe thunderstorms this morning and into this afternoon.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce destructive winds, large hailstones and heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Warwick, Toowoomba, Bundaberg, Hervey Bay, Biloela and Calliope.
Golf Ball size hail reported at Mt Larcom this morning.
51mm in 30 minutes at Centenary Bridge.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.