Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Capricornia Forecast District.
Issued at 8:02 pm Monday, 18 October 2021.
A small cluster of strong to severe thunderstorms has developed over the southern Capricornia.
Weather Situation: Unstable conditions together with strong winds aloft associated with an upper trough will provide an environment capable of supporting a couple severe thunderstorms over the southern Capricornia for the next few hours.
Severe thunderstorms may produce damaging winds and large hailstones in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Gladstone and Calliope.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.