Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Central Highlands and Coalfields, Capricornia and Wide Bay and Burnett Forecast Districts.
Issued at 5:46 pm Tuesday, 19 October 2021.
Cells are intensifying about the Capricornia and Wide Bay and Burnett districts, with GIANT HAIL possible. Severe storm threat is reducing elsewhere.
Storms with possible damaging winds and giant hail continuing in the Wide Bay and Capricornia districts.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce giant hailstones and damaging winds in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Bundaberg, Gladstone, Rockhampton, Biloela, Yeppoon, Baralaba, Calliope, Gin Gin and Mount Morgan.
Severe thunderstorms are no longer occurring in the North Tropical Coast and Tablelands and Central Coast and Whitsundays districts and the warning for these districts is CANCELLED.
Giant hailstones up to 16cm reported earlier from Yalboroo, north of Mackay.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.