Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Capricornia and Wide Bay and Burnett Forecast Districts.
Issued at 6:52 am Wednesday, 20 October 2021.
Organised cells once again occurring about the Capricornia district.
Weather Situation: A warm, humid and very unstable air mass will once again combine with a highly amplified upper trough over eastern Queensland.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds and large hailstones in the warning area over the next several hours.
Locations which may be affected include Gladstone, Calliope, Miriam Vale and Seventeen Seventy.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.