Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Capricornia Forecast District.
Issued at 12:09 pm Wednesday, 20 October 2021.
Severe thunderstorms are developing across the Capricornia.
Weather Situation: A warm, humid and very unstable air mass will once again combine with a highly amplified upper trough over eastern Queensland.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging, locally destructive winds, large, possibly giant hailstones and heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Rockhampton, Mount Morgan, Yeppoon and Byfield.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.