Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Southeast Coast Forecast District.
Issued at 10:59 am Thursday, 21 October 2021.
Severe thunderstorm detected on North Stradbroke Island.
Weather Situation: A humid and unstable airmass will link up with an upper trough to produce heavy thunderstorm activity across southeast Queensland.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds, large hailstones and heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include North Stradbroke Island.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.