Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Capricornia, Wide Bay and Burnett and Southeast Coast Forecast Districts.
Issued at 6:45 pm Thursday, 21 October 2021.
Severe thunderstorm continuing in the east.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds, large hailstones and heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding over the next several hours in parts of the Capricornia district.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds, large hailstones and heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding over the next several hours in parts of the Wide Bay and Burnett and Southeast Coast districts. Locations which may be affected include Rainbow Beach.
Severe thunderstorms are no longer occurring in the Central Highlands and Coalfields district and the warning for this district is CANCELLED.
63mm recorded at Waterford Alert recorded in the 1hr to 1:30pm.
56mm recorded at Caboolture recorded in 30min to 2:30pm.
78mm recorded at Beachmere in the 1hr to 2:45pm.
Golf ball size hail was observed between Caboolture and Redcliff earlier this afternoon.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.