Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Central Highlands and Coalfields, Capricornia, Wide Bay and Burnett and Darling Downs and Granite Belt Forecast Districts.
Issued at 6:14 pm Friday, 22 October 2021.
Severe thunderstorms are persisting over the Central, Capricornia and Wide Bay regions.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds, large hailstones and heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Maryborough, Hervey Bay, Fraser Island, Biloela, Blackwater and Mount Morgan.
Severe thunderstorms are no longer occurring in the Peninsula, Gulf Country, North Tropical Coast and Tablelands, Northern Goldfields and Upper Flinders, Herbert and Lower Burdekin and Southeast Coast districts and the warning for these districts is CANCELLED.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.