Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Central Coast and Whitsundays, Central Highlands and Coalfields and Capricornia Forecast Districts.
Issued at 10:41 pm Friday, 22 October 2021.
Severe thunderstorms are persisting over the eastern inland areas of the state.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds and large hailstones in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Emerald, Clermont, Blackwater, Moranbah, Dysart and Nebo.
Severe thunderstorms are no longer occurring in the Northern Goldfields and Upper Flinders and Central West districts and the warning for these districts is CANCELLED.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.