Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of North West Forecast District.
Issued at 3:21 am Saturday, 23 October 2021.
SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS DEVELOPING NEAR MOUNT ISA
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds and large hailstones in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Mount Isa and Cloncurry.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.