Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in Darling Downs and Granite Belt and parts of Central Highlands and Coalfields, Wide Bay and Burnett and Southeast Coast Forecast Districts.
Issued at 2:32 pm Saturday, 23 October 2021.
Thunderstorms are developing over inland parts of southeastern Queensland. Storms are likely to become severe within the next hour.
Weather Situation: Thunderstorms are developing over the higher terrain of southeast Queensland, and also further west near a surface trough over the central Darling Downs and central highlands. Moderate to strong instability and favourable wind flow aloft should lead to increasing chances of severe storms during the afternoon.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds and large hailstones in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Warwick, Toowoomba, Dalby, Ipswich, Kingaroy, Beaudesert, Stanthorpe, Gatton, Laidley, Lowood, Nanango and Tara.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.