Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Central Highlands and Coalfields, Capricornia and Wide Bay and Burnett Forecast Districts.
Issued at 7:58 pm Saturday, 23 October 2021.
The threat of severe thunderstorms is generally easing, however one or two severe storms remain possible over the warning area.
Severe thunderstorms may produce damaging winds and large hailstones in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Biloela, Monto, Theodore, Moura, Gayndah, Mundubbera and Eidsvold.
Severe thunderstorms are no longer occurring in the Darling Downs and Granite Belt and Southeast Coast districts and the warning for these districts is CANCELLED.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.