Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Capricornia and Wide Bay and Burnett Forecast Districts.
Issued at 8:56 pm Saturday, 23 October 2021.
A line of strong to severe storms is expected to continue to move eastwards over the warning area.
Severe thunderstorms may produce damaging winds and large hailstones in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Monto.
A few thunderstorms are continuing over southeastern parts of the Central Highlands and Coalfields district but are no longer likely to be severe and the warning for this district is CANCELLED.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.