Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Central Highlands and Coalfields Forecast District.
Issued at 1:51 pm Sunday, 24 October 2021.
Thunderstorms beginning to develop over parts of the Central Highlands and Coalfields district. Some of these are likely to become severe in the next hour or two.
Weather Situation: A trough extends through the central inland parts of Queensland with a relatively unstable airmass on its eastern side. Rising temperatures are leading to the development of storms near this trough. The environment will support some organisation of this storm activity with the potential for damaging wind gusts increasing in the next few hours, with large hail also possible.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds and large hailstones in the warning area over the next several hours.
Locations which may be affected include Clermont, Moranbah, Capella, Dysart, Elgin Downs and Belyando.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.