Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Central Highlands and Coalfields and Central West Forecast Districts.
Issued at 4:06 pm Sunday, 24 October 2021.
A few strong to severe storms continuing over the centre of the state.
Weather Situation:A trough extends through the central inland parts of Queensland with a relatively unstable airmass on its eastern side. Thunderstorm activity in this environment will be capable of producing damaging wind gusts in the next few hours, with large hail also possible.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds and large hailstones in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Clermont, Moranbah, Capella, Dysart, Bogantungan, Jericho, Elgin Downs and Alpha.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.