Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Wide Bay and Burnett and Southeast Coast Forecast Districts.
Issued at 12:45 pm Monday, 25 October 2021.
Severe thunderstorms are developing over southeast QLD
Weather Situation: Severe thunderstorms are developing along a surface trough extending through the Wide Bay and Burnett district.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds and large hailstones in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Maroochydore, Caboolture, Cooroy, Imbil, Kilcoy and Nambour.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.