Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Wide Bay and Burnett and Southeast Coast Forecast Districts.
Issued at 1:13 pm Monday, 25 October 2021.
SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS ARE DEVELOPING OVER SOUTHEAST QLD
Weather Situation: Severe thunderstorms are developing along a surface trough extending through the Wide Bay and Burnett district.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce large, possibly giant hailstones, damaging winds and heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding over the next several hours in parts of the Wide Bay and Burnett district. Locations which may be affected include Monto, Gayndah, Mundubbera, Biggenden, Eidsvold and Gin Gin.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce large hailstones over the next several hours in parts of the Wide Bay and Burnett and Southeast Coast districts. Locations which may be affected include Maroochydore, Caboolture, Cooroy, Imbil, Kilcoy and Nambour.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.